- At Kemp Little, we are known for our ability to serve the very particular needs of a large but diverse technology client base. Our hands-on industry know-how makes us a good fit with many of the world's biggest technology and digital media businesses, yet means we are equally relevant to companies with a technology bias, in sectors such as professional services, financial services, retail, travel and healthcare.
- Kemp Little specialises in the technology and digital media sectors and provides a range of legal services that are crucial to fast-moving, innovative businesses.Our blend of sector awareness, technical excellence and responsiveness, means we are regularly ranked as a leading firm by directories such as Legal 500, Chambers and PLC Which Lawyer. Our practice areas cover a wide range of legal issues and advice.
- Our Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. We are ranked in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and PLC Which Lawyer, with four of our partners recommended.
- Our team provides practical and commercial advice founded on years of experience and technical know-how to technology and digital media companies that need to be alert to the rules and regulations of competition law.
- Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
- In the fast-changing world of employment law our clients need practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. They get this from our team of employment law professionals.
- Our team of leading IP advisors deliver cost-effective, strategic and commercial advice to ensure that your IP assets are protected and leveraged to add real value to your business.
- Our litigation practice advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, with a particular focus on ownership, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights and commercial disputes in the technology sector.
- We have an industry-leading reputation for our outsourcing expertise. Our professionals deliver credible legal advice to providers and acquirers of IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
- We work alongside companies, many with disruptive technologies, that seek funding, as well as with the venture capital firms, institutional investors and corporate ventures that want to invest in exciting business opportunities.
- Our regulatory specialists work alongside Kemp Littles corporate and commercial professionals to help meet their compliance obligations.
- With a service that is commercial and responsive to our clients needs, you will find our tax advice easy to understand, cost-effective and geared towards maximising your tax benefits.
- At Kemp Little, we advise clients in diverse sectors where technology is fundamental to the ongoing success of their businesses.They include companies that provide technology as a service and businesses where the use of technology is key to their business model, enabling them to bring their product or service to market.
- We bring our commercial understanding of digital business models, our legal expertise and our reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective services to this dynamic sector.
- Acting for market leaders and market changers within the media industry, we combine in-depth knowledge of the structural technology that underpins content delivery and the impact of digitisation on the rights of producers and consumers.
- We understand the risks facing this sector and work with our clients to conquer those challenges. Testimony to our success is the continued growth in our team of professionals and the clients we serve.
- We advise at the forefront of the technological intersection between life sciences and healthcare. We advise leading technology and data analytics providers, healthcare institutions as well as manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnological products.
- For clients operating in the online sector, our teams are structured to meet their commercial, financing, M&A, competition and regulatory, employment and intellectual property legal needs.
- Our focus on technology makes us especially well positioned to give advice on the legal aspects of digital marketing. We advise on high-profile, multi-channel, cross-border cases and on highly complex campaigns.
- The mobile and telecoms sector is fast changing and hugely dependent on technology advances. We help mobile and wireless and fixed telecoms clients to tackle the legal challenges that this evolving sector presents.
- Whether ERP, Linux or Windows; software or infrastructure as a service in the cloud, in a virtualised environment, or as a mobile or service-oriented architecture, we have the experience to resolve legal issues across the spectrum of commercial computer platforms.
- Our clients trust us to apply our solutions and know-how to help them make the best use of technology in structuring deals, mitigating key risks to their businesses and in achieving their commercial objectives.
- We have extensive experience of advising customers and suppliers in the retail sector on technology development, licensing and supply projects, and in advising on all aspects of procurement and online operations.
- Our years of working alongside diverse software clients have given us an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the software marketplace, market practice and alternative negotiating strategies.
- Working with direct providers of travel services, including aggregators, facilitators and suppliers of transport and technology, our team has developed a unique specialist knowledge of the sector
- Your life as an entrepreneur is full of daily challenges as you seek to grow your business. One of the key strengths of our firm is that we understand these challenges.
- Kemp Little is trusted by some of the worlds leading luxury brands and some of the most innovative e-commerce retailers changing the face of the industry.
- HR Bytes is an exclusive, comprehensive, online service that will provide you with a wide range of practical, insightful and current employment law information. HR Bytes members get priority booking for events, key insight and a range of employment materials for free.
- FlightDeck is our portal designed especially with start-up and emerging technology businesses in mind to help you get your business up and running in the right way. We provide a free pack of all the things no-one tells you and things they dont give away to get you started.
Attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse pool of staff is always a priority for Kemp Little. This benefits us internally, but also assists us to understand and engage with our clients and hence to deliver outstanding legal services.
Kemp Little is a proud signatory of the Law Society’s Diversity and Inclusion Charter. The Charter establishes a set of diversity and inclusion standards and best practices, to support legal practices in their commitment to positive and practical action for diversity and inclusion of their practice, staff and clients. It was developed in 2009 by the Law Society, BT and the Society of Asian Lawyers. By signing up to the charter, we confirm our commitment to:
- strive to achieve best practice in our recruitment, retention and career progression practices as employers;
- support the development of good diversity practice by collecting and sharing examples of practical activities that contribute to progress with other signatories;
- assign responsibility for meeting our charter commitments to a named, senior level individual;
- work together to develop and adopt future protocols that support the practical implementation of the aims of this charter;
- annually publish the diversity profile of our UK employees and details of our work on equality, diversity and inclusion; and
- publish a joint regular report on the basis of a monitoring exercise to measure the impact of this charter and its protocols. These reports will form the basis of regular dialogue with stakeholders, employees and clients.
Our commitment extends beyond our practice, staff and clients; we support diversity and inclusion initiatives in the community. Our current programmes include supporting the following initiatives to encourage a diverse range of entrants into the legal profession:
We work with Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership to provide work experience programmes for sixth formers from state schools in this deprived area of London who want to work in the legal profession.
We partner with Birkbeck College, one of the most ethnically and socially diverse universities in the UK, on their UpScale Programme. The programme curates a series of events and workshops by employers for students, exploring a diversity of skills designed to inspire them to pursue careers in technology (and in our case, technology law). The goal is to create a community of Birkbeck students empowered to pursue work they love in technology - a high-growth and high-potential sector in the UK and beyond.
We are part of the Social Mobility Business Partnership, a collaboration of law firms, their partner clients and commercial organisations, who work together to provide school-aged students from less privileged backgrounds access to a Work Insight and Skills Programme (the “Programme”) with the ultimate aim of broadening access to the legal profession and developing students’ career aspirations. The Programme consists of two weeks’ intensive skills training coupled with work insights; students first spend a week in a private practice law firm and then spend a further week visiting four different in-house legal teams. A final day is spent with Harlequins or Wigan Warriors to learn the key to resilience and achieving goals from their performance coaches. This year, 106 students from over 30 schools took part in the programme. Of those surveyed before the programme: 33% were eligible for school meals; 57% did not have any parents or carers who had been to university; and 54% did not know anyone in the legal profession.
Kemp Little Women’s network (KLW), seeks to support and develop our female talent across the firm by offering opportunities for mentoring, networking and training. We recognise at times the legal profession can present unique challenges to women, and we are committed to helping our employees face these. The activities of KLW are endorsed by the partnership and are communicated across the business, with all staff members invited to engage in the programme. KLW actively seeks to engage with similarly-focused client groups for the mutual benefit of our employees. We welcome the opportunity to collaborate on initiatives with our clients such as workshops, Q&A sessions and informal business development activities.
If you wish to learn more about diversity at Kemp Little please get in touch with Kathryn Dooks (Diversity lead).