- At Kemp Little, we are known for our ability to serve the very particular needs of a large but diverse technology client base. Our hands-on industry know-how makes us a good fit with many of the world's biggest technology and digital media businesses, yet means we are equally relevant to companies with a technology bias, in sectors such as professional services, financial services, retail, travel and healthcare.
- Kemp Little specialises in the technology and digital media sectors and provides a range of legal services that are crucial to fast-moving, innovative businesses.Our blend of sector awareness, technical excellence and responsiveness, means we are regularly ranked as a leading firm by directories such as Legal 500, Chambers and PLC Which Lawyer. Our practice areas cover a wide range of legal issues and advice.
- Our Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. We are ranked in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and PLC Which Lawyer, with four of our partners recommended.
- Our team provides practical and commercial advice founded on years of experience and technical know-how to technology and digital media companies that need to be alert to the rules and regulations of competition law.
- Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
- In the fast-changing world of employment law our clients need practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. They get this from our team of employment law professionals.
- Our team of leading IP advisors deliver cost-effective, strategic and commercial advice to ensure that your IP assets are protected and leveraged to add real value to your business.
- Our litigation practice advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, with a particular focus on ownership, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights and commercial disputes in the technology sector.
- We have an industry-leading reputation for our outsourcing expertise. Our professionals deliver credible legal advice to providers and acquirers of IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
- We work alongside companies, many with disruptive technologies, that seek funding, as well as with the venture capital firms, institutional investors and corporate ventures that want to invest in exciting business opportunities.
- Our regulatory specialists work alongside Kemp Littles corporate and commercial professionals to help meet their compliance obligations.
- With a service that is commercial and responsive to our clients needs, you will find our tax advice easy to understand, cost-effective and geared towards maximising your tax benefits.
- At Kemp Little, we advise clients in diverse sectors where technology is fundamental to the ongoing success of their businesses.They include companies that provide technology as a service and businesses where the use of technology is key to their business model, enabling them to bring their product or service to market.
- We bring our commercial understanding of digital business models, our legal expertise and our reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective services to this dynamic sector.
- Acting for market leaders and market changers within the media industry, we combine in-depth knowledge of the structural technology that underpins content delivery and the impact of digitisation on the rights of producers and consumers.
- We understand the risks facing this sector and work with our clients to conquer those challenges. Testimony to our success is the continued growth in our team of professionals and the clients we serve.
- We advise at the forefront of the technological intersection between life sciences and healthcare. We advise leading technology and data analytics providers, healthcare institutions as well as manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnological products.
- For clients operating in the online sector, our teams are structured to meet their commercial, financing, M&A, competition and regulatory, employment and intellectual property legal needs.
- Our focus on technology makes us especially well positioned to give advice on the legal aspects of digital marketing. We advise on high-profile, multi-channel, cross-border cases and on highly complex campaigns.
- The mobile and telecoms sector is fast changing and hugely dependent on technology advances. We help mobile and wireless and fixed telecoms clients to tackle the legal challenges that this evolving sector presents.
- Whether ERP, Linux or Windows; software or infrastructure as a service in the cloud, in a virtualised environment, or as a mobile or service-oriented architecture, we have the experience to resolve legal issues across the spectrum of commercial computer platforms.
- Our clients trust us to apply our solutions and know-how to help them make the best use of technology in structuring deals, mitigating key risks to their businesses and in achieving their commercial objectives.
- We have extensive experience of advising customers and suppliers in the retail sector on technology development, licensing and supply projects, and in advising on all aspects of procurement and online operations.
- Our years of working alongside diverse software clients have given us an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the software marketplace, market practice and alternative negotiating strategies.
- Working with direct providers of travel services, including aggregators, facilitators and suppliers of transport and technology, our team has developed a unique specialist knowledge of the sector
- Your life as an entrepreneur is full of daily challenges as you seek to grow your business. One of the key strengths of our firm is that we understand these challenges.
- Kemp Little is trusted by some of the worlds leading luxury brands and some of the most innovative e-commerce retailers changing the face of the industry.
- HR Bytes is an exclusive, comprehensive, online service that will provide you with a wide range of practical, insightful and current employment law information. HR Bytes members get priority booking for events, key insight and a range of employment materials for free.
- FlightDeck is our portal designed especially with start-up and emerging technology businesses in mind to help you get your business up and running in the right way. We provide a free pack of all the things no-one tells you and things they dont give away to get you started.
View slides and audio from past seminars and events. For lawyers, audio podcasts from Kemp Little training sessions can count towards non-accredited CPD. For further information please contact us.
In this seminar, we will look at the TUPE implications that could arise whether in outsourcing, multisourcing, offshoring or even changing an existing service provider, and how to avoid the potential pitfalls.
In this seminar, a re-run of the session we held in June, we will look at key regulatory principles in outsourcing, recent insights into the approach of the PRA and FCA and how to ensure successful and compliant outsourcing, with a panel discussion to give the audience an opportunity to discuss key concerns.
This joint session between Kemp Little and Kemp Little Consulting will be led by Rebecca Halford-Harrison (Partner, Kemp Little) and Chris Wray (Partner, Kemp Little Consulting). It will explore, from both a legal and a commercial perspective, the ways in which key stakeholders such as GCs, CFOs, and FDs are fundamentally well placed to deliver value from their companies’ IP portfolios.
Regulated businesses are fighting hard to keep up with changing regulation, cut costs, improve existing services and develop new ones in an increasingly competitive market where technology can be the differentiator between success and failure. As a result, regulated businesses are increasingly outsourcing critical business operations and systems, whether to specialist companies within their group or to external providers.
The UK is at a crucial early growth stage in the economic cycle - market confidence is returning and employment is on the rise. Given that climate, it’s the perfect time to explore the most common “sins” made when managing a workforce. We’ll be focussing in on seven key issues, assessing their potential short and long term impacts, and setting out what your business should be doing to avoid potentially costly and explosive consequences…
As technological evolution continues apace companies must meet the challenge or risk irrelevance and failure. Their challenge is to keep pace with developments to maintain their competitiveness and to future proof their businesses. The decisions faced by senior management and their lawyers become increasingly complex as they assess the case for adoption of new technologies and the accompanying challenges around exploitation, regulatory compliance, transition, data management, security and procurement.
In this seminar, Partners Andrew Joint and Jeremy Harris, and Senior Associate Ed Baker, will be discussing the impact on the changing nature of software and related services on the procurement process, contractual terms, pricing and licensing disputes. In particular we will be looking at:
- The impact of the cloud, agile, open source and SIAM on licencing arrangements;
- The increasing rise of software licensing disputes and optimal ways to resolve them; and
- The impact of the market on payment and deployment models.
- Page 5 of 10