- At Kemp Little, we are known for our ability to serve the very particular needs of a large but diverse technology client base. Our hands-on industry know-how makes us a good fit with many of the world's biggest technology and digital media businesses, yet means we are equally relevant to companies with a technology bias, in sectors such as professional services, financial services, retail, travel and healthcare.
- Kemp Little specialises in the technology and digital media sectors and provides a range of legal services that are crucial to fast-moving, innovative businesses.Our blend of sector awareness, technical excellence and responsiveness, means we are regularly ranked as a leading firm by directories such as Legal 500, Chambers and PLC Which Lawyer. Our practice areas cover a wide range of legal issues and advice.
- Our Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. We are ranked in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and PLC Which Lawyer, with four of our partners recommended.
- Our team provides practical and commercial advice founded on years of experience and technical know-how to technology and digital media companies that need to be alert to the rules and regulations of competition law.
- Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
- In the fast-changing world of employment law our clients need practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. They get this from our team of employment law professionals.
- Our team of leading IP advisors deliver cost-effective, strategic and commercial advice to ensure that your IP assets are protected and leveraged to add real value to your business.
- Our litigation practice advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, with a particular focus on ownership, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights and commercial disputes in the technology sector.
- We have an industry-leading reputation for our outsourcing expertise. Our professionals deliver credible legal advice to providers and acquirers of IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
- We work alongside companies, many with disruptive technologies, that seek funding, as well as with the venture capital firms, institutional investors and corporate ventures that want to invest in exciting business opportunities.
- Our regulatory specialists work alongside Kemp Littles corporate and commercial professionals to help meet their compliance obligations.
- With a service that is commercial and responsive to our clients needs, you will find our tax advice easy to understand, cost-effective and geared towards maximising your tax benefits.
- At Kemp Little, we advise clients in diverse sectors where technology is fundamental to the ongoing success of their businesses.They include companies that provide technology as a service and businesses where the use of technology is key to their business model, enabling them to bring their product or service to market.
- We bring our commercial understanding of digital business models, our legal expertise and our reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective services to this dynamic sector.
- Acting for market leaders and market changers within the media industry, we combine in-depth knowledge of the structural technology that underpins content delivery and the impact of digitisation on the rights of producers and consumers.
- We understand the risks facing this sector and work with our clients to conquer those challenges. Testimony to our success is the continued growth in our team of professionals and the clients we serve.
- We advise at the forefront of the technological intersection between life sciences and healthcare. We advise leading technology and data analytics providers, healthcare institutions as well as manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnological products.
- For clients operating in the online sector, our teams are structured to meet their commercial, financing, M&A, competition and regulatory, employment and intellectual property legal needs.
- Our focus on technology makes us especially well positioned to give advice on the legal aspects of digital marketing. We advise on high-profile, multi-channel, cross-border cases and on highly complex campaigns.
- The mobile and telecoms sector is fast changing and hugely dependent on technology advances. We help mobile and wireless and fixed telecoms clients to tackle the legal challenges that this evolving sector presents.
- Whether ERP, Linux or Windows; software or infrastructure as a service in the cloud, in a virtualised environment, or as a mobile or service-oriented architecture, we have the experience to resolve legal issues across the spectrum of commercial computer platforms.
- Our clients trust us to apply our solutions and know-how to help them make the best use of technology in structuring deals, mitigating key risks to their businesses and in achieving their commercial objectives.
- We have extensive experience of advising customers and suppliers in the retail sector on technology development, licensing and supply projects, and in advising on all aspects of procurement and online operations.
- Our years of working alongside diverse software clients have given us an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the software marketplace, market practice and alternative negotiating strategies.
- Working with direct providers of travel services, including aggregators, facilitators and suppliers of transport and technology, our team has developed a unique specialist knowledge of the sector
- Your life as an entrepreneur is full of daily challenges as you seek to grow your business. One of the key strengths of our firm is that we understand these challenges.
- Kemp Little is trusted by some of the worlds leading luxury brands and some of the most innovative e-commerce retailers changing the face of the industry.
- HR Bytes is an exclusive, comprehensive, online service that will provide you with a wide range of practical, insightful and current employment law information. HR Bytes members get priority booking for events, key insight and a range of employment materials for free.
- FlightDeck is our portal designed especially with start-up and emerging technology businesses in mind to help you get your business up and running in the right way. We provide a free pack of all the things no-one tells you and things they dont give away to get you started.
Kemp Little Consulting celebrates first birthday
Kemp Little LLP, the leading technology and digital media law firm and Kemp Little Consulting today celebrate the first anniversary of the launch of the consulting firm.
Kemp Little Consulting, an innovative proposition operating at the intersection of technology, law and consulting was set up to extend the scope of Kemp Little’s current services by helping clients before, alongside and after the time when legal advice is normally provided.
Client reaction has been extremely positive from day one. One year later, the business is fully established and working with both established Kemp Little clients and clients new to both firms. Work completed in the first 12 months includes several high-impact projects focused on major strategy, management and implementation issues. Each of these has benefited from the unique insight and input the consultants can provide by being closely tied to a leading technology and digital media law firm.
Examples of projects include:
- Working with a major technology services provider on a programme planning and design project to support the global implementation of their legal and regulatory compliance programme. Over 50 senior executives were able to participate in the project with the use of innovative on-line voting and risk analysis tools to build user engagement and identify programme priorities.
- Helping a global travel technology services provider to develop a more strategic approach to IP. Consultants and lawyers worked closely together to develop an integrated approach to the definition, protection and exploitation of IP. This work included mapping relevant IP themes to the client’s business model to maximise the value of patent investments, competitor analysis and internal initiatives to capture and develop critical know-how.
- Working with a leading UK debt services provider to increase the quality and efficiency of their customer engagement platform. This will give them the capability to meet increasing industry and regulatory challenges. Work included a functional and technical evaluation of potential enterprise and SaaS offerings combined with an assessment of their current IT architecture and in-house IT development capabilities.
Kemp Little Consulting partner Chris Wray commented: “It has been a great first year and we’ve really enjoyed working with our legal colleagues on joint projects. We made the right decision to launch Kemp Little Consulting last year; we’ve been bowled over by the positive market reaction and the great work, and the number of highly skilled consultants working with us has grown too. We look forward to finding more ways to create high value for clients in the next 12 months and more client quotes like the following!”
Tuli Faas, Legal Director Business Units - SITA Legal
“Having been in the technology sector since the early 90s, I have seen various forms of legal service supply to IT companies. Today, even more than before, understanding technology remains at the heart of formulating legal strategies, commercial and, in particular, IP. Kemp Little Consulting has acted as an insightful partner in key technologies, cloud, data and the “internet” of things, which has enabled us, as a team, to drive IP strategies and practices across the organisation and provide greater IP focus.””
Tom Drury, CEO, Arrow Global
“Kemp Little Consulting provided an assurance review of a software package evaluation process in the context of changing business and regulatory requirements. Their work added considerable value beyond the original scope in highlighting the need for the proposed implementation to be preceded by a strategic review of the overall existing technical architecture and for the governance of the business change programme to be materially strengthened to ensure the delivery of the desired business outcomes. We found them expert in their field and able to challenge effectively whilst guiding the in house team towards consensus. We would certainly work with them again.”
Kemp Little Managing Partner David Williams added: “We are delighted to be celebrating Kemp Little Consulting’s first birthday. It’s great to see the consulting guys so busy after such a short period of time. I believe that our consulting offering really sets up apart from other law firms and this was confirmed when we were highly commended by the Financial Times Innovative Lawyer Awards 2014 in the ‘Legal Industry Pioneer’ category. We all look forward to celebrating many more birthdays and new business wins”.
Glynis Dewhirst, Head of Marketing and Business Development
email@example.com or 07734 105371