- At Kemp Little, we are known for our ability to serve the very particular needs of a large but diverse technology client base. Our hands-on industry know-how makes us a good fit with many of the world's biggest technology and digital media businesses, yet means we are equally relevant to companies with a technology bias, in sectors such as professional services, financial services, retail, travel and healthcare.
- Kemp Little specialises in the technology and digital media sectors and provides a range of legal services that are crucial to fast-moving, innovative businesses.Our blend of sector awareness, technical excellence and responsiveness, means we are regularly ranked as a leading firm by directories such as Legal 500, Chambers and PLC Which Lawyer. Our practice areas cover a wide range of legal issues and advice.
- Our Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. We are ranked in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and PLC Which Lawyer, with four of our partners recommended.
- Our team provides practical and commercial advice founded on years of experience and technical know-how to technology and digital media companies that need to be alert to the rules and regulations of competition law.
- Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
- In the fast-changing world of employment law our clients need practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. They get this from our team of employment law professionals.
- Our team of leading IP advisors deliver cost-effective, strategic and commercial advice to ensure that your IP assets are protected and leveraged to add real value to your business.
- Our litigation practice advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, with a particular focus on ownership, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights and commercial disputes in the technology sector.
- We have an industry-leading reputation for our outsourcing expertise. Our professionals deliver credible legal advice to providers and acquirers of IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
- We work alongside companies, many with disruptive technologies, that seek funding, as well as with the venture capital firms, institutional investors and corporate ventures that want to invest in exciting business opportunities.
- Our regulatory specialists work alongside Kemp Littles corporate and commercial professionals to help meet their compliance obligations.
- With a service that is commercial and responsive to our clients needs, you will find our tax advice easy to understand, cost-effective and geared towards maximising your tax benefits.
- At Kemp Little, we advise clients in diverse sectors where technology is fundamental to the ongoing success of their businesses.They include companies that provide technology as a service and businesses where the use of technology is key to their business model, enabling them to bring their product or service to market.
- We bring our commercial understanding of digital business models, our legal expertise and our reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective services to this dynamic sector.
- Acting for market leaders and market changers within the media industry, we combine in-depth knowledge of the structural technology that underpins content delivery and the impact of digitisation on the rights of producers and consumers.
- We understand the risks facing this sector and work with our clients to conquer those challenges. Testimony to our success is the continued growth in our team of professionals and the clients we serve.
- We advise at the forefront of the technological intersection between life sciences and healthcare. We advise leading technology and data analytics providers, healthcare institutions as well as manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnological products.
- For clients operating in the online sector, our teams are structured to meet their commercial, financing, M&A, competition and regulatory, employment and intellectual property legal needs.
- Our focus on technology makes us especially well positioned to give advice on the legal aspects of digital marketing. We advise on high-profile, multi-channel, cross-border cases and on highly complex campaigns.
- The mobile and telecoms sector is fast changing and hugely dependent on technology advances. We help mobile and wireless and fixed telecoms clients to tackle the legal challenges that this evolving sector presents.
- Whether ERP, Linux or Windows; software or infrastructure as a service in the cloud, in a virtualised environment, or as a mobile or service-oriented architecture, we have the experience to resolve legal issues across the spectrum of commercial computer platforms.
- Our clients trust us to apply our solutions and know-how to help them make the best use of technology in structuring deals, mitigating key risks to their businesses and in achieving their commercial objectives.
- We have extensive experience of advising customers and suppliers in the retail sector on technology development, licensing and supply projects, and in advising on all aspects of procurement and online operations.
- Our years of working alongside diverse software clients have given us an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the software marketplace, market practice and alternative negotiating strategies.
- Working with direct providers of travel services, including aggregators, facilitators and suppliers of transport and technology, our team has developed a unique specialist knowledge of the sector
- Your life as an entrepreneur is full of daily challenges as you seek to grow your business. One of the key strengths of our firm is that we understand these challenges.
- Kemp Little is trusted by some of the worlds leading luxury brands and some of the most innovative e-commerce retailers changing the face of the industry.
- HR Bytes is an exclusive, comprehensive, online service that will provide you with a wide range of practical, insightful and current employment law information. HR Bytes members get priority booking for events, key insight and a range of employment materials for free.
- FlightDeck is our portal designed especially with start-up and emerging technology businesses in mind to help you get your business up and running in the right way. We provide a free pack of all the things no-one tells you and things they dont give away to get you started.
- David Turver
- Intellectual Property Specialist, Kemp Little Consulting
- 020 7710 0703
- Bid support and engagement
- Business & IT strategy
- Cloud service procurement
- Digital marketing & social media
- Dispute prevention & recovery
- IP patent strategy
- Programme & project management
- Sourcing & procurement
David has over 25 years experience in management consulting and senior IT Leadership and CIO positions in industry, having held senior positions at Accenture, Arthur Andersen, Andersen Legal, Head of Business Systems at the AA and latterly as CIO at McCarthy and Stone. He has worked across many sectors including construction, insurance, professional services, manufacturing, retail and investment banking delivering transformational change projects that deliver lasting business value, often with a strong technology component.
David’s particular focus has been on the delivery of integrated business improvement programmes requiring process, technology, people, data and often legal solutions:
- Devising and implementing IT and change strategies to improve profitability through innovative application of technology to drive radical process transformation
- Pioneering use of Big Data concepts in the construction industry to make step change improvements in ROCE through geo-demographic targeting and analytical platform used optimise pricing, sales force performance and marketing mix
- Managing the contractual complexities arising in M&A and pre-pack administration situations
- Procurement of cloud services to reduce costs and improve speed of delivery, for instance learning; MDM; geo-demographic data and business planning services
- Procurement of digital services including an award winning website and helping set up a new social media and web marketing department and running the AA’s web design and development team whilst it increased web-originated sales from 20% to 50% of sales.
- Being part of the Information Security team to bring practical solutions arising from the challenges of BYOD and customer data being split amongst multiple suppliers
- Originating, negotiating and operating outsource contracts across for diverse IT services such as helpdesk, technical services, application development and maintenance; break fix and networks.
- Improvements in service and cost performance through implementation of shared services
- Cost base reduction through improvements in supply chain and procurement
- IT Due diligence on both “buy side” and “sell side” of M&A situations
David’s breadth of skills gained in both blue chip consulting and practical hands-on management in leading companies delivering projects, programmes, business transformation, transformation of IT, outsourcing, combined with a short stint as head of technology for Andersen Legal adds an extra dimension to the Kemp Little Consulting offering.