- At Kemp Little, we are known for our ability to serve the very particular needs of a large but diverse technology client base. Our hands-on industry know-how makes us a good fit with many of the world's biggest technology and digital media businesses, yet means we are equally relevant to companies with a technology bias, in sectors such as professional services, financial services, retail, travel and healthcare.
- Kemp Little specialises in the technology and digital media sectors and provides a range of legal services that are crucial to fast-moving, innovative businesses.Our blend of sector awareness, technical excellence and responsiveness, means we are regularly ranked as a leading firm by directories such as Legal 500, Chambers and PLC Which Lawyer. Our practice areas cover a wide range of legal issues and advice.
- Our Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. We are ranked in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and PLC Which Lawyer, with four of our partners recommended.
- Our team provides practical and commercial advice founded on years of experience and technical know-how to technology and digital media companies that need to be alert to the rules and regulations of competition law.
- Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
- In the fast-changing world of employment law our clients need practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. They get this from our team of employment law professionals.
- Our team of leading IP advisors deliver cost-effective, strategic and commercial advice to ensure that your IP assets are protected and leveraged to add real value to your business.
- Our litigation practice advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, with a particular focus on ownership, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights and commercial disputes in the technology sector.
- We have an industry-leading reputation for our outsourcing expertise. Our professionals deliver credible legal advice to providers and acquirers of IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
- We work alongside companies, many with disruptive technologies, that seek funding, as well as with the venture capital firms, institutional investors and corporate ventures that want to invest in exciting business opportunities.
- Our regulatory specialists work alongside Kemp Littles corporate and commercial professionals to help meet their compliance obligations.
- With a service that is commercial and responsive to our clients needs, you will find our tax advice easy to understand, cost-effective and geared towards maximising your tax benefits.
- At Kemp Little, we advise clients in diverse sectors where technology is fundamental to the ongoing success of their businesses.They include companies that provide technology as a service and businesses where the use of technology is key to their business model, enabling them to bring their product or service to market.
- We bring our commercial understanding of digital business models, our legal expertise and our reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective services to this dynamic sector.
- Acting for market leaders and market changers within the media industry, we combine in-depth knowledge of the structural technology that underpins content delivery and the impact of digitisation on the rights of producers and consumers.
- We understand the risks facing this sector and work with our clients to conquer those challenges. Testimony to our success is the continued growth in our team of professionals and the clients we serve.
- We advise at the forefront of the technological intersection between life sciences and healthcare. We advise leading technology and data analytics providers, healthcare institutions as well as manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnological products.
- For clients operating in the online sector, our teams are structured to meet their commercial, financing, M&A, competition and regulatory, employment and intellectual property legal needs.
- Our focus on technology makes us especially well positioned to give advice on the legal aspects of digital marketing. We advise on high-profile, multi-channel, cross-border cases and on highly complex campaigns.
- The mobile and telecoms sector is fast changing and hugely dependent on technology advances. We help mobile and wireless and fixed telecoms clients to tackle the legal challenges that this evolving sector presents.
- Whether ERP, Linux or Windows; software or infrastructure as a service in the cloud, in a virtualised environment, or as a mobile or service-oriented architecture, we have the experience to resolve legal issues across the spectrum of commercial computer platforms.
- Our clients trust us to apply our solutions and know-how to help them make the best use of technology in structuring deals, mitigating key risks to their businesses and in achieving their commercial objectives.
- We have extensive experience of advising customers and suppliers in the retail sector on technology development, licensing and supply projects, and in advising on all aspects of procurement and online operations.
- Our years of working alongside diverse software clients have given us an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the software marketplace, market practice and alternative negotiating strategies.
- Working with direct providers of travel services, including aggregators, facilitators and suppliers of transport and technology, our team has developed a unique specialist knowledge of the sector
- Your life as an entrepreneur is full of daily challenges as you seek to grow your business. One of the key strengths of our firm is that we understand these challenges.
- Kemp Little is trusted by some of the worlds leading luxury brands and some of the most innovative e-commerce retailers changing the face of the industry.
- HR Bytes is an exclusive, comprehensive, online service that will provide you with a wide range of practical, insightful and current employment law information. HR Bytes members get priority booking for events, key insight and a range of employment materials for free.
- FlightDeck is our portal designed especially with start-up and emerging technology businesses in mind to help you get your business up and running in the right way. We provide a free pack of all the things no-one tells you and things they dont give away to get you started.
Whether you are a director of a FTSE100 PLC or a non-executive director of fast growth technology firm, you will have a wide range of legal liabilities and duties that you need to understand and comply with. In addition, you need to appreciate the legal implications of the strategic and executive decisions that you make.
At Kemp Little, we help directors get to grips with the myriad corporate governance rules and regulations through a complimentary range of services, events and information. As part of this package of support we provide a rolling programme of targeted training for directors in various sectors as well as PE and VC-backed companies. See our events pages for details of our upcoming events
Bespoke training and corporate workshops
We deliver bespoke training and workshops on a wide range of legal issues, including corporate transactions and on a range of other regulatory and technology focused topics. These are provided free to clients and at a small fixed-price charge to other organisations. Please email corporate partner Glafkos Tombolis or call on 020 7600 8080 to discuss your needs.
Directors need to understand the latest changes and trends in technology to ensure that you can adequately assess decisions made by your board to buy, change, implement or outsource technology and IT services. You also need to be aware of the opportunities and risks provided by the data that your organisation holds. Our annual technology conference looks at what’s new, what’s changed and how you should deal with it. You can view the slides and audio from the June technology conference in our event archive. We also offer a comprehensive range of technology-focused guides, articles and reports. Click here to see them.
We routinely advise technology companies on early-stage and follow-on equity fundraisings and debt financings. Our experience of working with the leading technology-focused VCT, venture capital and private equity funds means we understand the issues that are important to them and can provide pragmatic and commercial advice to directors seeking finance for their companies. Please email Charles Claisse or call on 020 7600 8080 for an informal and free-of-charge chat about your requirements.
Tax is a critical issue on almost every deal. Our tax group advises corporates and entrepreneurs alike and we offer the full range of business tax services, including UK and international tax, VAT/sales tax, duties and share-incentive schemes. We pride ourselves on offering tax advice that is commercial and clear.
BusinessBytes - Email update
We issue regular, short and punchy email updates that include pithy news, information and commentary on the latest M&A deals, relevant legal and business developments and technology issues. All written in plain English and aimed at directors. If you like to be added to the mailing list for this please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or a colleague are responsible for HR issues within your organisation, sign up today to our free-to-use online HR service. HR Bytes provides free templates for policies, contracts and procedures. It also provides a wide range of interactive guides and reports plus a daily blog from our HR specialists. By signing up to the service you get priority access to a wide range of employment seminars and workshops. Go to www.kemplittle.com/hrbytes to sign up or for more information.
If you are a director of a start-up or SME, you may be interested in our on-line service that provides legal materials to small and emerging companies.
FlightDeck won't cover every scenario, but will provide enough to get your business up and running.
We appreciate that not all businesses are ready to make the leap to formally engaging lawyers or incurring legal spend at a time when cash is tightest. We have put together FlightDeck to steer businesses towards high quality precedents and guidance, and save money in the early days while the business and product are being honed.
FlightDeck includes shareholder agreements, employment contracts, software licences, and more.
If you would like more information please get in touch with us via @KempFlightDeck or email Richard.Folsom@kemplittle.com