- At Kemp Little, we are known for our ability to serve the very particular needs of a large but diverse technology client base. Our hands-on industry know-how makes us a good fit with many of the world's biggest technology and digital media businesses, yet means we are equally relevant to companies with a technology bias, in sectors such as professional services, financial services, retail, travel and healthcare.
- Kemp Little specialises in the technology and digital media sectors and provides a range of legal services that are crucial to fast-moving, innovative businesses.Our blend of sector awareness, technical excellence and responsiveness, means we are regularly ranked as a leading firm by directories such as Legal 500, Chambers and PLC Which Lawyer. Our practice areas cover a wide range of legal issues and advice.
- Our Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. We are ranked in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and PLC Which Lawyer, with four of our partners recommended.
- Our team provides practical and commercial advice founded on years of experience and technical know-how to technology and digital media companies that need to be alert to the rules and regulations of competition law.
- Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
- In the fast-changing world of employment law our clients need practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. They get this from our team of employment law professionals.
- Our team of leading IP advisors deliver cost-effective, strategic and commercial advice to ensure that your IP assets are protected and leveraged to add real value to your business.
- Our litigation practice advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, with a particular focus on ownership, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights and commercial disputes in the technology sector.
- We have an industry-leading reputation for our outsourcing expertise. Our professionals deliver credible legal advice to providers and acquirers of IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
- We work alongside companies, many with disruptive technologies, that seek funding, as well as with the venture capital firms, institutional investors and corporate ventures that want to invest in exciting business opportunities.
- Our regulatory specialists work alongside Kemp Littles corporate and commercial professionals to help meet their compliance obligations.
- With a service that is commercial and responsive to our clients needs, you will find our tax advice easy to understand, cost-effective and geared towards maximising your tax benefits.
- At Kemp Little, we advise clients in diverse sectors where technology is fundamental to the ongoing success of their businesses.They include companies that provide technology as a service and businesses where the use of technology is key to their business model, enabling them to bring their product or service to market.
- We bring our commercial understanding of digital business models, our legal expertise and our reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective services to this dynamic sector.
- Acting for market leaders and market changers within the media industry, we combine in-depth knowledge of the structural technology that underpins content delivery and the impact of digitisation on the rights of producers and consumers.
- We understand the risks facing this sector and work with our clients to conquer those challenges. Testimony to our success is the continued growth in our team of professionals and the clients we serve.
- We advise at the forefront of the technological intersection between life sciences and healthcare. We advise leading technology and data analytics providers, healthcare institutions as well as manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnological products.
- For clients operating in the online sector, our teams are structured to meet their commercial, financing, M&A, competition and regulatory, employment and intellectual property legal needs.
- Our focus on technology makes us especially well positioned to give advice on the legal aspects of digital marketing. We advise on high-profile, multi-channel, cross-border cases and on highly complex campaigns.
- The mobile and telecoms sector is fast changing and hugely dependent on technology advances. We help mobile and wireless and fixed telecoms clients to tackle the legal challenges that this evolving sector presents.
- Whether ERP, Linux or Windows; software or infrastructure as a service in the cloud, in a virtualised environment, or as a mobile or service-oriented architecture, we have the experience to resolve legal issues across the spectrum of commercial computer platforms.
- Our clients trust us to apply our solutions and know-how to help them make the best use of technology in structuring deals, mitigating key risks to their businesses and in achieving their commercial objectives.
- We have extensive experience of advising customers and suppliers in the retail sector on technology development, licensing and supply projects, and in advising on all aspects of procurement and online operations.
- Our years of working alongside diverse software clients have given us an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the software marketplace, market practice and alternative negotiating strategies.
- Working with direct providers of travel services, including aggregators, facilitators and suppliers of transport and technology, our team has developed a unique specialist knowledge of the sector
- Your life as an entrepreneur is full of daily challenges as you seek to grow your business. One of the key strengths of our firm is that we understand these challenges.
- Kemp Little is trusted by some of the worlds leading luxury brands and some of the most innovative e-commerce retailers changing the face of the industry.
- HR Bytes is an exclusive, comprehensive, online service that will provide you with a wide range of practical, insightful and current employment law information. HR Bytes members get priority booking for events, key insight and a range of employment materials for free.
- FlightDeck is our portal designed especially with start-up and emerging technology businesses in mind to help you get your business up and running in the right way. We provide a free pack of all the things no-one tells you and things they dont give away to get you started.
Our Contract Review Service is a new ‘rapid diagnostics’ outsourcing review service, aimed at organisations which have IT or business process outsourcing arrangements that are due for renewal, renegotiation, material change or mid-term review in the next 12-24 months. It provides a benchmark assessment of the contract terms (legal and commercial) against best market practice, and an assessment of the organisation’s sourcing models and contract management processes.
The service includes an initial meeting, at no cost, to understand the context of the outsourcing, and any specific issues or concerns your organisation has with its existing outsourcing arrangements. We would also agree with you at this meeting whether you wish us to undertake all aspects of our review service, or certain elements only.
The output for each aspect of the review is a written report, which we will then discuss with you and your colleagues. We aim to complete the review and prepare the report(s) within 2-3 weeks of commencement.
Legal and commercial benchmark review
The legal benchmark review will be carried out by one of our specialist outsourcing lawyers and one of our senior consultants, all of whom have many years of experience advising customers and suppliers on their outsourcing arrangements, and who can provide a rounded view of the current market and market trends.
The service includes:
- an initial meeting or phone call to understand the context of the outsourcing, and any specific issues or concerns your organisation has with the existing relationship
- a review of the contract (terms and conditions, and legal and commercial schedules)
- preparation of our Kemp Little “Traffic Light” report highlighting ‘red’, ‘amber’ and ‘green’ areas which we identify
The report will focus on areas of the contract which:
- do not reflect current market practice, or are less favourable than the terms currently available in the market
- are currently under-leveraged, and which could be used to drive additional value from the existing relationship
- can be addressed to reduce risk and exposure
- are impacted by regulator or professional body rules or guidance, or
- are non-SYSC compliant (relevant to FCA authorised firms only).
Our review and the resulting report are fact-based, taking into account the strategic and financial value of the contract and the services outsourced, the peer group in which your outsource provider operates, and the industry in which your organisation operates.
We provide this service on a fixed price per contract basis.
Sourcing and Contract Management Review
The sourcing and contract management review will be carried out by one of our experienced associates. The review will initially involve completion of a simple survey to draw out key issues with your current outsourced model and management of the contract (both operationally and contractually). The survey is based on our view of the key success factors for successful outsourcing and contract management, and our assessment of the latest trends in outsourcing. The survey will provide an assessment of the contract which we will then follow up with structured interviews with a small number of key stakeholders both within your organisation and the supplier’s.
The resulting report will comprise:
- the survey assessment
- key findings and recommendations for managing the current contract more effectively
- key findings and recommendations as to the sourcing approach that should be taken when the contract is changed, renewed or re-negotiated.
We provide this service on a fixed price per contract basis.