- At Kemp Little, we are known for our ability to serve the very particular needs of a large but diverse technology client base. Our hands-on industry know-how makes us a good fit with many of the world's biggest technology and digital media businesses, yet means we are equally relevant to companies with a technology bias, in sectors such as professional services, financial services, retail, travel and healthcare.
- Kemp Little specialises in the technology and digital media sectors and provides a range of legal services that are crucial to fast-moving, innovative businesses.Our blend of sector awareness, technical excellence and responsiveness, means we are regularly ranked as a leading firm by directories such as Legal 500, Chambers and PLC Which Lawyer. Our practice areas cover a wide range of legal issues and advice.
- Our Commercial Technology team has established itself as one of the strongest in the UK. We are ranked in Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and PLC Which Lawyer, with four of our partners recommended.
- Our team provides practical and commercial advice founded on years of experience and technical know-how to technology and digital media companies that need to be alert to the rules and regulations of competition law.
- Our Corporate Practice has a reputation for delivering sound legal advice, backed up with extensive industry experience and credentials, to get the best results from technology and digital media transactions.
- In the fast-changing world of employment law our clients need practical, commercial and cost-effective advice. They get this from our team of employment law professionals.
- Our team of leading IP advisors deliver cost-effective, strategic and commercial advice to ensure that your IP assets are protected and leveraged to add real value to your business.
- Our litigation practice advises on all aspects of dispute resolution, with a particular focus on ownership, exploitation and infringement of intellectual property rights and commercial disputes in the technology sector.
- We have an industry-leading reputation for our outsourcing expertise. Our professionals deliver credible legal advice to providers and acquirers of IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services.
- We work alongside companies, many with disruptive technologies, that seek funding, as well as with the venture capital firms, institutional investors and corporate ventures that want to invest in exciting business opportunities.
- Our regulatory specialists work alongside Kemp Littles corporate and commercial professionals to help meet their compliance obligations.
- With a service that is commercial and responsive to our clients needs, you will find our tax advice easy to understand, cost-effective and geared towards maximising your tax benefits.
- At Kemp Little, we advise clients in diverse sectors where technology is fundamental to the ongoing success of their businesses.They include companies that provide technology as a service and businesses where the use of technology is key to their business model, enabling them to bring their product or service to market.
- We bring our commercial understanding of digital business models, our legal expertise and our reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective services to this dynamic sector.
- Acting for market leaders and market changers within the media industry, we combine in-depth knowledge of the structural technology that underpins content delivery and the impact of digitisation on the rights of producers and consumers.
- We understand the risks facing this sector and work with our clients to conquer those challenges. Testimony to our success is the continued growth in our team of professionals and the clients we serve.
- We advise at the forefront of the technological intersection between life sciences and healthcare. We advise leading technology and data analytics providers, healthcare institutions as well as manufacturers of medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnological products.
- For clients operating in the online sector, our teams are structured to meet their commercial, financing, M&A, competition and regulatory, employment and intellectual property legal needs.
- Our focus on technology makes us especially well positioned to give advice on the legal aspects of digital marketing. We advise on high-profile, multi-channel, cross-border cases and on highly complex campaigns.
- The mobile and telecoms sector is fast changing and hugely dependent on technology advances. We help mobile and wireless and fixed telecoms clients to tackle the legal challenges that this evolving sector presents.
- Whether ERP, Linux or Windows; software or infrastructure as a service in the cloud, in a virtualised environment, or as a mobile or service-oriented architecture, we have the experience to resolve legal issues across the spectrum of commercial computer platforms.
- Our clients trust us to apply our solutions and know-how to help them make the best use of technology in structuring deals, mitigating key risks to their businesses and in achieving their commercial objectives.
- We have extensive experience of advising customers and suppliers in the retail sector on technology development, licensing and supply projects, and in advising on all aspects of procurement and online operations.
- Our years of working alongside diverse software clients have given us an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the software marketplace, market practice and alternative negotiating strategies.
- Working with direct providers of travel services, including aggregators, facilitators and suppliers of transport and technology, our team has developed a unique specialist knowledge of the sector
- Your life as an entrepreneur is full of daily challenges as you seek to grow your business. One of the key strengths of our firm is that we understand these challenges.
- Kemp Little is trusted by some of the worlds leading luxury brands and some of the most innovative e-commerce retailers changing the face of the industry.
- HR Bytes is an exclusive, comprehensive, online service that will provide you with a wide range of practical, insightful and current employment law information. HR Bytes members get priority booking for events, key insight and a range of employment materials for free.
- FlightDeck is our portal designed especially with start-up and emerging technology businesses in mind to help you get your business up and running in the right way. We provide a free pack of all the things no-one tells you and things they dont give away to get you started.
Sourcing Case Studies
Advising a leading international insurance company on the successful implementation of its IT multi-sourcing strategy.
Our client is one of the world’s leading insurers and reinsurers. As part of an ongoing business transformation initiative, it identified the need to improve service levels to customers, brokers and underwriters, and to enhance its operational efficiencies. The client recognised the need to engage with specialist third party providers to achieve these objectives, and appointed Kemp Little’s outsourcing team to help implement an IT multi-sourcing strategy that would provide the client with access to these specialist third parties. Kemp Little’s outsourcing team worked with the client at all stages of the project, from the RFP initiation stage, through down-selection and contract negotiations, to contract signature.
As with all multi-sourcing strategies, collaboration between each of the service providers, and service integration and management (SIAM), was critical to the success of the project.
To help ensure collaboration and co-operation between the service providers, we worked with our client to develop and implement a collaboration agreement between each of the providers and the client. This allowed the client to identify the hand-off points between each of the providers (ensuring that responsibility for each of the service interfaces was properly allocated to the right service provider), and enabled the service providers to understand and deal with any interdependencies between them which might affect delivery of their respective service towers and achievement of the related service levels.
We also helped our client put in place mechanisms designed to incentivise collaboration between the service providers, including a ‘gainshare/painshare’ model involving service bonus and credit pools linked to the achievement of end-to-end service levels. These mechanisms have proved to be highly effective in managing the challenges that inevitably arise when implementing a multi-sourcing strategy.
In addition, we advised the client on its options for performance of the SIAM function – the option ultimately chosen was to outsource this function to one of the tower providers. Our team worked with the client to make sure that the contracts contained the mechanisms needed to empower the SIAM provider in its performance of the SIAM function.
The multi-sourcing strategy has proved to be a huge success for the client, delivering improved service levels, innovation, and tens of millions of pounds of efficiencies in the first three years of the five year arrangements.
We advised a leading bank on a number of key outsourcing transactions
Our client is a leading bank providing a range of services to retail and corporate customers. Kemp Little has provided legal support on a number of IT outsourcing transactions including Treasury Management, the Banking Platform and telecoms services. We have also conducted reviews of a number of key outsourcing contracts.
The bank developed an IT strategy to replace a number of its core systems and where possible implement common solutions across all its business lines. We completed a review of this IT strategy for the banks executive team setting out a number of recommendations for the implementation of this strategy.
We have also carried out a series of consultancy engagements focused on providing assurance to the bank on the purchase of a number of key software products and IT services for one of its market leading divisions.
Working with a leading building society on the procurement of their new core IT platform
Kemp Little has been engaged by a leading building society to provide legal and commercial support for their procurement of a new core IT platform and associated services. This engagement is being carried out by a joint legal and consult team who are providing provide legal, procurement and strategic advice to the client on this business critical procurement activity. This includes providing advice on the legal implications of buying SaaS solutions, benchmarking approaches and service needs and definitions.