Podcast | DPO Update: Privacy class action, covert surveillance, cookies and processor agreements
Alex Dittel gives an update on recent developments in privacy law as part of Kemp Little’s DPO service, including:
• #1 – The rise of privacy class action in the UK.
• #2 – López Ribalda and others v Spain in the European Court of Human Rights.
• #3 – The EDPS’ blog on Facial recognition: A solution in search of a problem.
• #4 – The position of Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL) on the proposed use of facial recognition at schools.
• #5 – Agencia Española de Protección de Datos imposed a €30,000 penalty in respect of cookie compliance on Vueling Airlines.
• #6 – The EDPS software received Global Privacy and Data Protection Award.
• #7 – EDPB’s Guidelines relating to the processing of personal data on the basis of contract in the context of the provision of online services.
• #8 – EDPS continues its investigation into data processing terms in IT contracts.
• #9 – Irish Data Protection Commission’s Guidance for Organisations Engaging Cloud Service Providers.
• #10 – Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych imposed first administrative fine on a public entity.
Share this video
Alex Dittel is a data protection & privacy senior associate
Share this Video
- Adtech & martech
- Artificial intelligence
- EBA outsourcing
- Cloud computing
- Complex & sensitive investigations
- Cryptocurrencies & blockchain
- Data analytics & big data
- Data breaches
- Data rights
- Digital commerce
- Digital content risk
- Digital health
- Digital media
- Digital infrastructure & telecoms
- Emerging businesses
- Financial services
- KLick DPO
- KLick Trade Mark
- Open banking
- Software & services