Work for us
Steve Jobs said that the only way to do great work is to love what you do. We’d agree. We love what we do and how we do it.
Our style is more Silicon Valley than Savile Row. Shared work spaces, a relaxed and open working environment is what we’re all about, along with a rich mix of individuals and talent.
The more diverse our workforce, the better. It means we have access to more talent, ideas and points of view. So we don’t care about your ethnicity, gender, age or where you went to school. What we do look for is a passion for the law and for technology. If you’re a great lawyer who gets how quickly technology is changing the way we live and you want to help steer that future, then we’d like to hear from you. We request ‘blind’ CVs, to help us break through any bias in the way we recruit. Flexible and part time working are another way we can attract a wider mix of candidates.
Steve Jobs went on to say that if you haven’t found the right job yet, keep looking. Think about looking at us. If you’d share our style and approach to business, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have the following roles available
Commercial Technology Senior Associate (4+ PQE) with a focus on travel law
We are currently seeking a commercial technology senior associate to join our growing team with a focus on travel law; including travel regulatory work and commercial / consumer contracts.
We are looking for somebody who can demonstrate:
- Strong academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree
- Minimum of 4 years’ solid PQE experience
- Experience of doing regulatory and general commercial work
- Experience of working for travel companies
- Knowledge and understanding of the travel industry
- Exposure to contractual drafting and negotiation and advisory work
- A desire and ability to develop client relationships, build business and the practice
IT Business Analyst / Junior Process – permanent
- To document current state end-to-end processes using IBM Blueworks, using standard business process model notation
- To be responsible for identifying improvement opportunities & waste in existing processes
- To facilitate the design of future state processes in partnership with key stakeholders, incorporating new technology and LEAN methodologies
- To champion LEAN & continuous improvement methods across the organisation, as part of the wider transformation programme
- To conduct gap analysis and benefit realisation
- To write Standard Operating Procedures and roll-out changes
- To set up and run process improvement projects to transition to the future state
- To be responsible for running process workstreams within the transformation programme, managing the delivery of work, and providing project updates and reporting
- To provide a link between the change, IT & legal teams to deliver transformation projects
- To be responsible for conducting analysis to determine the root-cause of problem areas, and provide recommendations for change
- To work in partnership with the Finance team on their monthly billing cycle, identifying improvement opportunities & embedding change
- A personable & enthusiastic personality, showing high levels of flexibility willing support change across different teams
- A ‘can-do’ attitude to problem-solving focussed on delivery
- Excellent communication & influencing skills to roll-out change initiatives across a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working as part of a change, transformation or LEAN project team
- Understanding of LEAN methodologies
- Familiarity with IBM Blueworks
- Evidence of a strong process skillset gained working in business process improvement projects
- Experience documenting current state processes and future state design
Analytics – permanent
- To be responsible for producing reports and manipulating data in Excel and Power BI
- To identify data trends and opportunities that can be fed back into the business
- To build Excel and/or Power BI models based on specification given by the team
- To identify data insights
- To produce Management Information
- To get involved in process improvements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- A high level of accuracy
- A high level of numeric and communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills and good all-round IT abilities.
- Power BI knowledge or experience is desirable
- Experience of analysing large and complex data sets to produce business results or recommendations
- Experience in gathering, recording and interpreting data
- Experience of working with financial datasets
- Experience of text analytics
- Familiarity with Python, or a desire to learn
Comms Specialist – Part-time (1-2 days per week) – Fixed term contract for 1 year
- Communicate with people around the business to source internal comms material
- Expertly draft content for written comms and scripting for video content
- Generate ideas for creative communication – topics, formats and structure
- Maintain consistent employee brand messaging and materials
- Monitor and provide reports and analytics on internal communication channel effectiveness
- Lead the development of communications collateral and ensure appropriate sign-off and review as part of internal processes
- Experience in a corporate communications role within the professional services
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to build trusting relationships within the business
- Power or advanced user of PowerPoint and Word
- Experience in working with collaboration tools such as Yammer, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams will be highly regarded
- Extensive experience in developing project-based communication approach, including developing action plans.
- Highly organised
Mid level Corporate lawyer – Fixed Term Contract
We are looking for a 4 year plus PQE Corporate lawyer to join the team for around 6 – 12 months.
Commercial technology senior associate – health sector focus
We are currently seeking a health sector specialist to join our growing team. We are looking for somebody who can demonstrate:
- Strong academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree;
- Around 5 years’ solid experience;
- Experience of health sector commercial/intellectual property and regulatory work, with experience of advising in relation to medical regulatory issues, medical devices and clinical trials; and
- A desire and ability to develop client relationships, build business and the practice.
Data lawyer (3-5 PQE)
We are looking for a lawyer to join our market leading commercial technology team, focussing on data licensing. In recent years, our volume of data licensing work, and in particular financial market data licensing, has been increasing, and we are looking for an lawyer with experience in this sector to join the team.
The role involves assisting clients with their full range of data licensing issues: from large licensing projects related to M&A activity, to guidance on changing data suppliers, to strategic stand-alone licences, to putting in place a data management strategy and drafting the necessary licences, to day-to-day data licensing issues.
The vast majority of the work is non-contentious, and so significant litigation experience is not required, however familiarity with the issues in licence remediation would be helpful. Where matters become truly contentious, we have a separate litigation team who would be involved.
We have a separate ‘personal data’ (data protection) team. The successful candidate would not be part of that team, but may work with them from time to time. The role also involves managing other more junior members of the department, from time to time. Support would be provided in this management and development of these skills.
The candidate is expected to also be involved in the department’s more general ‘commercial tech’ work as required. This is not intended to be the primary focus of the role however.
The ideal candidate would have a range of experience acting for data licensors and/or licensees, including financial market data. This candidate would have a range of types of experience here: some experience in the ‘day-to-day’ pragmatism clients expect when working with volume or low value data, but also having experience of strategic, sensitive or contentious licensing issues. A thorough familiarity with English contract law is required.
- Adtech & martech
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Complex & sensitive investigations
- Cryptocurrencies & blockchain
- Data analytics & big data
- Data breaches
- Data rights
- Digital commerce
- Digital content risk
- Digital health
- Digital media
- Digital infrastructure & telecoms
- Emerging businesses
- Financial services
- KLick DPO
- Open banking
- Software & services